CertainTeed offers you the broadest range of color and style choices. But you’ll see it’s not style over substance. You’ll get a roof that’s made from the highest quality materials and backed by a strong warranty program. It’s our promise to you: Quality made Certain, Satisfaction guaran Teed.
Two-piece laminated fiber glass-based construction. Classic shades and dimensional appearance of natural wood or slate
All of CertainTeed’s shingle products are covered by standard SureStart protection for a specific period. Under this warranty feature, CertainTeed, at no charge, will repair or replace, at its option, any shingles proven to be defective during the applicable SureStart period (see actual warranty for details).
CertainTeed also offers SureStart PLUS, the strongest extended warranty coverage in the industry, which extends the coverage AND duration of the standard SureStart protection when a credentialed contractor installs an Integrity Roof System. Protect your investment and your home – demand The Integrity Roof System, demand a credentialed contractor, and demand SureStart PLUS.
• Durable, beautifully color-blended line of shingles. The widest array of colors to suit any trim, stucco or siding color.
• Manufactured with self-sealing adhesive strips and a wide nailing zone, larger than competitors for ease of installation so your roofing job is complete in no time.
• Lifetime, limited transferable warranty that provides coverage in the event of manufacturing defects.
• An added 10-year SureStart warranty that covers 100% of replacement and labor costs due to manufacturing defects.
• 10-year StreakFighterT warranty that protects against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae.
Average Price: $5-$9 S.F.
Warranties: Limited lifetime warranty available on the shingle itself against defects.
• 10-years of SureStart protection
• 15-year 110 MPH wind warranty (Upgrade to 130 MPH available)
(CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge required)
• 15-year algae resistance warranty
I hate to date myself, but when I returned to Hawaii in 1976 after working construction in Australia the first “Dimensional” Shingle arrived on the market–Architect 80. I believe back then it was made by Bird and Sons, but I may be wrong. In any case, it was an instant success and has become the best selling shingle is Hawaii hands down. It’s name recognition is so strong in Hawaii that even after CertainTeed changed it’s name on the Mainland to Landmark Shingles, they kept it’s original name in Hawaii. Every few years they have improved its performance by increasing its’ weight and adding an improved Algae Warranty up to 10 years. It’s wind uplift rating has been increased to 110 mph, an essential factor in Hawaii.
From the Manufacturer’s Brochure:
Landmark Pro Architect 80 is designed specifically for the professional roofing contractor that takes pride in providing more to their customer. Landmark Pro Architect 80 improves upon the CertainTeed Landmark shingle, a leading consumer publication’s “Best Buy” for the past five years.
We started by adding more weathering asphalt to the industry’s toughest fiberglass mat to provide more protection. Then we incorporated our Maximum Definition color blend technology to give the product more vibrancy on the roof. Included is the proven performance of our NailTrak feature, enabling faster installation. Landmark Pro Architect 80 offers the industry’s strongest warranty. Protecting your reputation and safeguarding homeowners from manufacturing and aesthetic defects. Landmark Pro Architect 80 Standard Warranty